Professional attire and dressing is one of the most significant factors that impact your image as a professional. Just as certain elements matter in your resume, how you present yourself by dressing for success matters. Dressing too conservatively can easily be counted as one of the most basic mistakes employees make these days. How you display yourself will have a real impact on how you manage your work, relations and customers. The key is to dress to make a great first impression by presenting yourself as a confident professional through your attire.
As hard as it may seem, it really isn’t. All you have to do to make a good impact, and to keep that image going, just make sure to dress for success by following below rules:
- Your dress is modest, clean and properly ironed.
- It’s aligned with your company dress policy and best suits your working environment.
- You feel comfortable and you can move around all day long easily to fulfill your responsibilities.
- You wear light make-up and perfume.
- Your accessories are good enough to give you a professional look.
- You wear colors which go with the corporate environment.
- Your hair style matches your personality and your hair is properly groomed for a neat look.
- You don’t ignore personal hygiene (as it can ruin the image you wish to present).
- Most importantly, You’re always wearing a smile.
- Do something you love and then resolve to be good at it.
What you wear reveals a lot about you; your self-esteem, self-respect, confidence, attention to detail, creativity and reliability. Don’t let a little thing like ‘what you wear’ get in the way of being the best you can be. Remember, when you look your best, you’ll feel your best – in turn ensuring that you bring in your best at work!
What are your golden rules to dress for success? Share with us.